SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:28 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 8:54 pm 
Skullcrusher and Cymbal Wrecker

Cavey wrote:
Shands wrote:
I always thought they were two different things? Aren't Fairycakes smaller with just a little icing where as cupcakes are larger with the top completely covered by icing? Or am I once again talking complete rubbish?

Shands, it is obvious by your pic that you are a Connoisseur on such matters. You are of course entirely correct. Fairy cakes are a more subtle attempt at a handheld sized cake while cupcakes take it to another level. I have no doubt that fairycakes are more english than cupcakes but the two are very different and may they never meet.
Bovey, Cavey Cocker Fairycake queen just doesn't go. I need the C.

Thanks for the clarification Cavey. I do see myself as somewhat of a connoisseur, however others prefer to use the label 'greedy pig'. nomnommunchnomnom..

David Silva loves Bakewell Tarts the best
He'll eat a box and leave none for the rest
De Gea's doughnuts never look the part
next to Silva's Bakewell Tart!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:32 pm 
Waxing Cavey's lady beard

1) Trying to buy a new battery for my phone, only to have some spotty herbert try to flog me a new phone instead.

2) Not being able to distinguish between genuine Nokia phone batteries and dodgy counterfeits; particularly a problem when forced to buy on-line, because every where I go on the high street they don't stock batteries and insist on trying to flog me a new phone.

3) The people at Nokia who seem to be amazed that I want to buy a battery for a phone they no longer make and can't understand why I don't want to buy a new phone.

2nd verse same as the 1st...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:40 pm 
Fella in codpiece with curly mullet

milchman wrote:
1) Trying to buy a new battery for my phone, only to have some spotty herbert try to flog me a new phone instead.

2) Not being able to distinguish between genuine Nokia phone batteries and dodgy counterfeits; particularly a problem when forced to buy on-line, because every where I go on the high street they don't stock batteries and insist on trying to flog me a new phone.

3) The people at Nokia who seem to be amazed that I want to buy a battery for a phone they no longer make and can't understand why I don't want to buy a new phone.

I have an 11 year old Nokia 3210 and have had to get a new battery a couple of times. Once I bought a generic battery which worked fine for a couple of months then went to shit. A couple of years ago I picked up a genuine Nokia battery for about a fiver off ebay and it's been brilliant ever since. I'd head for ebay if I were you.

REVOLUTION PURITY LOVE SUICIDE ACCURACY

http://www.thesoundofconfusion.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:55 pm 

KevW wrote:
milchman wrote:

I have an 11 year old Nokia 3210 and have had to get a new battery a couple of times. Once I bought a generic battery which worked fine for a couple of months then went to shit. A couple of years ago I picked up a genuine Nokia battery for about a fiver off ebay and it's been brilliant ever since. I'd head for ebay if I were you.

Trouble is there's dozens of sellers on Ebay all claiming their batteries are genuine, but the feedback always has several people claiming to have been sold counterfeits. Guess I'll just have to take a plunge and hope for the best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
What battery are you after Milchy? I've got 5 old Nokia phones here that I never use - maybe 1's your phone type? Find a pic online of your model and I'll check. If it's a match you can have my battery for free.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 pm 

milchman wrote:
KevW wrote:
milchman wrote:

Trouble is there's dozens of sellers on Ebay all claiming their batteries are genuine, but the feedback always has several people claiming to have been sold counterfeits. Guess I'll just have to take a plunge and hope for the best.

Look at the pictures of the batteries and check for the Nokia hologram. The non nokia ones will work but might not be as good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:23 am 

Bovine Juice wrote:
What battery are you after Milchy? I've got 5 old Nokia phones here that I never use - maybe 1's your phone type? Find a pic online of your model and I'll check. If it's a match you can have my battery for free.

Very nice of you.
It's a BP 5M battery.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 8:31 am 

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
milchman wrote:
Bovine Juice wrote:

Very nice of you.
It's a BP 5M battery.

Milchy - I'll have to open all the phones to work out what that is - Could you put up a photo of the phone from a stock Google images shot and then I'll know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:07 pm 

If you happen to have a 3210 battery I'll gladly take that off your hands! Or the whole thing for spare parts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 12:56 pm 

Spare parts? Are you building mutant robophones?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:47 pm 

Bovine Juice wrote:

No but in its life span it's been battered and bruised and savaged by a dog (complete with tooth marks) so it needs the odd new part on occasion!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:16 pm 

KevW wrote:
Bovine Juice wrote:

No but in its life span it's been battered and bruised and savaged by a dog (complete with tooth marks) so it needs the odd new part on occasion!

That looks like one of the five phones. I'll need to wipe all the old data off it though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:35 pm 

Bovine Juice wrote:
KevW wrote:
Bovine Juice wrote:

That looks like one of the five phones. I'll need to wipe all the old data off it though.

Just take the sim card out and it should be clear. If not just stick any unimportant bits (case, battery, charger or whatever) in whenever you send some CDs next.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:44 pm 

It's one of these:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:27 pm 

That looks like some kind of mutant robophone compared to mine!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:38 pm 

KevW wrote:
That looks like some kind of mutant robophone compared to mine!

A few weeks after I got it, I received a phone call from Orange to check I was happy with it. The woman seemed most put out that I didn't know about any of it's supposed special features and had only used it make and receive calls and texts. I only got it because the sim card thing I'd got wasn't compatible with my old £9.99 pay as you go model.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:37 pm 

My phone was my 21st birthday present (I'm now 32) and it's been used ever since. People sometimes give their old phones but I've never liked any of them. This does everything I need. People were taking the piss out of how old it was 6 or 7 years ago! The Twin Towers were still standing when I got this!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:18 pm 

milchman wrote:
It's one of these:

That might as well be a food blender compared to the 5 I'm looking at. Do Nokia phones ever 'share' battery types or is that a common 90s scam ie you had to pay £20 each time for a new tweaked version?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:52 pm 

There are a few others that take the same battery, but all are of the same vintage. Thanks anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2012 11:34 pm 

KevW wrote:
This guy.

"The Woolworths Choir of 1979, 2012 - Elizabeth Price's winning entry in this year's Turner Prize - is an all-enveloping audio visual experience.

Rhythmic finger clicks and ritualistic hand-claps run through her winning work.

The sonorous effect is to unify an eclectic mix of archive footage and typed comment that plays on multiple meanings of the word 'Choir'.

It is a moving, haunting and disturbing installation that - in my opinion - is a worthy winner of this prestigious prize."

Fucking cock.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 149 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next