[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums • View topic - The new telly thread

SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:03 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: The new telly thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 7:24 pm 
Mosh Monster

For your recommendations and the like, like.

Anyone call Saul yet?

Post subject: Re: The new telly thread
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:06 pm 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Looking forward to that one, marg. Is it on Netflix - which I haven't used.

Things I am watching at moment are: Catastrophe (pretty god), Count Arthur Strong (dated but enjoyable), Charlie Brooker (genius) and Broadchurch (very disappointing after the first series). I'm also watching House of Cards on stream - just one episode to go. Superb.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 11:18 am 
Fella in codpiece with curly mullet

I do not watch reality TV as a rule but there is something strangely satisfying about watching a bunch of muppets implode in 10,000 BC on Channel Five. My old boy scout trips were rougher than that plus we regularly fought a rival tribe - okay the Boys Brigade then!

- -

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:28 pm 
Mosh Monster

I'll have to check it out. Is it as good as Ice-Road Truckers? (oddly compelling). I'm hoping my hoarding will qualify me for a documentary on Channel 5 soon. It's my only chance at nabbing 15 minutes of shame. That or opening fire in the canteen for the presenters of CBeebies.

Catastrophe is hilarious. A finely tuned pairing they turned out to be.

Gearing up for the new series of House of Cards, too. It says something about Robin Wright that I can maintain a crush on her even while she's acting a character who's a bit of a bollocks.

Meanwhile, I'm leaning on Luther to bridge the gap. Took a while to get into it, coming as it did on the back of a slew of finales.. The Fall, Homeland, and what was the other one...(so fickle).. ah yes, The Missing. That was a tense week.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:37 am 
Fella in codpiece with curly mullet

Not seen that marg. Is it bad as Shipping Wars/Container Wars/ Storage Wars/Hoarder Wars/Wars Wars (delete as appropriate)?

I watched Fortitude the other night. Talk about boring. Early doors I know but not sure I will want to watch another episode especially now The Walking Dead is back and Game Of Thrones is back in the next couple of months.

- -

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 3:16 pm 
Bus driver with egg on chin

Count Arthur Strong
Wolf Hall
Bitter Lake (new Adam Curtis film)
Stars in their Eyes

http://elvers.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:06 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

I like Catastrophe, which I didn't expect to - it just happened to kick off one night when I was stuck in a hotel and bored.

Really enjoying Wolf Hall too, which I wasn't I wasn't sure I'd bother with. Didn't catch last night's but the week before's was completely a Tudor The Thick Of It.

Otherwise I don't have any non-Freeview stuff so a bit limited. Have been watching latest Spiral, which is still pretty good but not essential. Same for Brooker. The Adam Curtis thing was good and a bit less one-eyed than usual (he does have a tendency to exploit the tactics that he criticises in others).

Embrace the margin
Always Changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not Changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 6:07 pm 
Bus driver with egg on chin

Love Vic and Bob's shenanigans in House of Fools but the Bosh character (played by the bloke who was Angelos Epithemiou in shooting stars) sort of ruins it for me.

As far as I can tell the character consists of having a vaguely out of date wig and glasses, a generic "thick northener" accent and saying "Y'Twat". It's shit, charmless and adds nothing.

I love the rest of them though. Toe-wrigglingly enjoyable silliness.

http://elvers.bandcamp.com/

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 11:47 pm 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Spot on, dooks - rubbish character. This week's first episode of the new series was terrific though and the electric fence had me chuckling like a baby.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 23, 2015 2:49 pm 

I only really watch Netflix and other on-demand stuff, can't be doing with broadcast TV. Particular recent Netflix viewing highlights (of the TV series variety) being Fargo, The Bridge, Better Call Saul, Archer, Bojack Horseman

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:18 am 
Mosh Monster

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 6:49 pm 

Marc Riley's got a telly show!