[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums • View topic - The new movie thread

SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 1:39 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject: Re: The new movie thread
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:16 pm 
Waxing Cavey's lady beard

2nd verse same as the 1st...

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:50 pm 
Mosh Monster

Only a smidgen of David Walsh, too. Which is why I've embarked on Seven Deadly Sins. It's time I got over this one.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:57 pm 

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 11:22 am 

There's another Armstrong documentary showing at the East End Film Festival next Sunday and at Sheffield Doc Fest, today and tomorrow. It's called Stop At Nothing. It's probably destined to fade into obscurity, by virtue of the fact that it's coming out after The Armstrong Lie, but word of mouth on it is pretty good. If any of you go, let me know what it's like, as I can't make it.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 3:07 pm 
Mosh Monster

Was I alone in hating Inside Llewyn Davis?

I like my Coen characters as adrift as the next fan, but this is was just irritating.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:47 pm 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 12:05 am 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2014 2:07 pm 
Mosh Monster

Can't please everyone.

Just read John Cusack will play Brian Wilson in a film next year. That's a hard one to reconcile mentally at this stage.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2014 11:32 pm 
Mosh Monster

What say the soundsxpers of Mistaken for Strangers? I farking loved it. Far from the reverent portrait I was expecting.

Don't tell me, you've already discussed it on page 3..

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:57 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 6:09 pm 
Mosh Monster

You could give it a year and pop into the Prince Charles instead. Doubt it'll make Peckham for the "£2.99 all day every day" deal. Is it £2.99? A gem. The only audience in London who applauded when Bridget Jones was freed from that Thai jail. Working class solidarity at its finest.

I was hoping you wouldn't like it so I could tell you why you're wrong. I'm feeling out of sorts today. A condition usually best dealt with through mild passive aggression.

Anyone?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 7:38 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 7:14 pm 
Mosh Monster

Must have a gander. I see The Armstrong Lie was on last week on Channel 4; might still be available for viewing. Senna is on tonight on BBC.

Thinking of sauntering along to Richard Linklater's Boyhood tomorrow. Quite the experiment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:38 pm 

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Watched Calvary this week. Stunning scenery, great characters, interesting plotline and... *NO SPOILERS HERE*

PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2014 1:29 am 

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 12:10 pm 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:25 am 
Mosh Monster

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2014 1:48 pm 
cRaZy cat with the bongos

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 4:36 pm 
Mosh Monster

Still haven't see Boyhood and compulsively breaking one of my cardinal rules by having a sneaky peek at the reviews. If I spot a three star, I permit myself a quick cursory glance at the final paragraph. Don't try this at home.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2014 7:59 am 

Watched Locke and Exhibition at the weekend. Locke was excellent - story of a man suffering the breakdown of his career, marriage and the birth of a child all through his eyes and ears while travelling in a car. Tom Hardy is great as the only person you see and loads of terrific supporting performances as the voices. Quickest 90 minutes I've ever spent.

Exhibition starring our very own Viv Albertine however was dull - no fault of hers but the story captures a boring marriage and flat sale in tedious detail. Slowest 105 minutes I've ever spent.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 202 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next