SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:31 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 7:35 pm 
Liquido - Play Some Rock
Cure - Mint Car / Inbetween Days
Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup
Marah - Round Eye Blues
Libertines - Don't Look Back Into The Sun
Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Art Star
Big Star - You Get What You Deserve
REM - Crush With Eyeliner
Tom Waits - Temptation
Green Day - Basket Case
Pixies - Where Is My Mind?
The White Stripes - Fell In Love With A Girl

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2004 9:25 pm 
Mosh Monster

maisie trubshaw wrote:
now who's telling who what to do!

I was backing up Pablo, rather than telling him what to do. Of course, you can see that, you're just being stooooooooooopid :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 1:52 am 
Honey wrote:
Johnny Anarchy wrote:

If you're implying that Cavey is a figment of my imagination, no-one could have such a sick mind as that. :twisted:

Don't be silly, everybody knows the soundsxp editors wouldn't invent a bogus poster just to flirt with one of their mates.

Oooh Tim- good call - Basket case - could be my favourite song of all time - and not least because I am one (dire grammar going on there I believe) :shock:

Ho ho - yes i'm Anarchy - I dreamt up Cavey while watching a re-run of a crap B flip pre-historic movie - hahahahahahaha - fooled you all and I would have got away with it if it hadn't of been for that pesky Honey :wink: I've been drinking - forgive me :roll:

I'm adding The Pretenders - Go to sleep - oh it's magic and warms the cockles of my soul.

Sir Anarchy - do you think I have a sick monkey mind? Really? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 9:50 am 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Tim (Guest) wrote:
Foundations - Build Me Up Buttercup

You soppy get Tim. ... :wink:

I love that one too! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2004 11:39 am 
Wurzel's moth felcher

I tell a lie, we cranked on the first Shirehorses album last night round a mate's gaff and I'd forgotten just how piss-inducingly funny it was, the world's tightest banter set to music... but apart from that, nah, still nothing... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:34 pm 
Velvet underground - I'm sticking with you
Badly drawn Boy - Born again
J-Walk - Soul Vibration
Olivia N John - Xanadu :oops:
Abba - Dancing Queen
Feeder - Buck Rogers

How about starting a thread of miserable tunes too Bovine? :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:42 pm 

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Cavey wrote:
Velvet underground - I'm sticking with you
Badly drawn Boy - Born again
J-Walk - Soul Vibration
Olivia N John - Xanadu :oops:
Abba - Dancing Queen
Feeder - Buck Rogers

How about starting a thread of miserable tunes too Bovine? :cry:

Why don't you, you lazy trog... :wink: Actually just borrow Spaceman's ipod...

And Buck Rogers is one of the worst singles by anyone ever. FACT. :twisted: Er sorry, I mean in my opinion only... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:46 pm 
Because nobody listens to me Bovine - you're the Daddy (sound like a Scum extra) :shock: I can't believe you just called me a lazy trog! :?

Buck Rogers is a fecking delight to listen to - lucky i'm not an Alarm fan - i'll let it go because I respect all opinions :twisted: - even wrong ones :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 4:54 pm 

Cavey wrote:
Because nobody listens to me Bovine - you're the Daddy (sound like a Scum extra) :shock: I can't believe you just called me a lazy trog! :?

Buck Rogers is a fecking delight to listen to - lucky i'm not an Alarm fan - i'll let it go because I respect all opinions :twisted: - even wrong ones :wink:

Can I just reproduce some lyrics from Buck Rogers:

"We'll start over again
Grow ourselves new skin
Get a house in Devon
Drink cider from a lemon"

I've got thousands of old singles that have fairly meaningless lyrics if you break down and analyse them but none come close to being as utterly useless and as silly as that. Now go and stand in the corner, I don't want to see your face! Look at me when I'm talking to you... DON'T LOOK AT ME! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:04 pm 
LOL - :lol: :lol: :lol: :? - you couldn't let it go Bovine - you wanna play? we'll play - 'Why do you build me up, Buttercup?' :? I notice that you are partial to that song along with my little Chinstroker (I am secretly too but it's the first ridiculous lyric I could think of)
'We'll start over again
grow ourselves new skin' is a work of art compared to that - ok the 'drink cider from a lemon' needs to be discussed but i've got to go and watch Clash of the Titans now...is that the door bell...don't cut the blue wire!...wait for me and other such lame excuses because I know you'll win the argument Juice boy - now start two seperate threads on miserable songs and crap lyrics or i'll make you stand in the corner! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 5:13 pm 

Cavey wrote:
we'll play - 'Why do you build me up, Buttercup?' :?

Aaah but that's bubble gum pop. It's meant to be naff. Anyway don't you have an embarrassing pet name for a loved one, my little cocopop?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:16 pm 
Told you that you'd win the argument Bovine :wink: - yeah i've got several pet names for loved ones - Dog/toad/snake in the grass/cheetah - well the list is endless...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 7:42 pm 
Enough already with 'Build me up buttercup' talk, it's bringing back horrible memories. I had one of the Foundations living next door to me in the late 70s just as he was trying to establish a solo career, he gave me his 12" for Christmas, (weyhey!), and when I took round a reciprocal (sp?) bottle of wine he lunged at me for a Christmas kiss. He was quite overweight by then and wearing a string vest, it wasn't pretty :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2004 8:07 pm 

Is there not a late 70s footballer / musician you haven't played hide the sausage with? :wink:

Which one was it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:38 pm 
Rumours of the welcome in my valleys have been greatly exaggerated :P

It was one of the West Indian ones though those two both look far too thin but if you could photoshop them wider and add a string vest I might find it easier. He moved in for a couple of months with my neighbour Marion, a forty-something single mother of 3 who had 'Lady Marian' in glitter painted on her telephone and could often be seen smuggling boys young enough to be her son out of the house on Saturday mornings after 'Grab a granny' night at Cinatras and frankly was no better than she ought to have been. We had a bizarre arrangement when she had her electric cut off at the same time my phone was disconnected whereby I had an extention lead running out of my window and in hers so her kids could still watch TV in return for me using her phone. That came to an end when it became simply too embarrassing to go in there after I had to conduct a call with Marion lounging in a negligee on the sofa with one raspberry-like nipple peeking out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 1:49 pm 

Classic. :D

Who was it who had a fling with Howard Jones? (Yes I do mean the awful 80s balding buffoon with a keyboard who bizarrely had a dancing gimp as part of his stage act)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:16 pm 
I've no idea but I'm relieved to be able to say it wasn't me :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 2:18 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Cavey wrote:
Sir Anarchy - do you think I have a sick monkey mind? Really? :twisted:

Can I answer this if I'm really a product of Cavey's hangover? It's like the Beatles: "I am he as you are he as you are me and we are all together."

Cavey, reviewing your posts over the weekend, the next time you fancy a holiday, I'd recommend Broadmoor! :wink: You are one crazy, twisted chick! I mean, Xanadu as a fav record? And Fat Bob Smith as a pin up?...... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:02 pm 
Cavey wrote:
LOL - :lol: :lol: :lol: :? - you couldn't let it go Bovine - you wanna play? we'll play - 'Why do you build me up, Buttercup?' :? I notice that you are partial to that song along with my little Chinstroker (I am secretly too but it's the first ridiculous lyric I could think of)

Ah, Cavey - it's not ridiculous, it's harmless fun - why be ashamed to admit you like the song out loud... Go on, you love it really, don't you scnookums :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2004 5:05 pm 
Oh, ok honey nut loop I do. :wink: Not :twisted: :wink:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next