SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Mon Sep 24, 2018 10:23 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Who killed Kurt?
police killed Kurt 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Courtney killed Kurt 25%  25%  [ 2 ]
Kurt killed Kurt 50%  50%  [ 4 ]
Sid Vicious killed Kurt 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
Society killed Kurt 13%  13%  [ 1 ]
The KKK killed Kurt 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 8
 Post subject: Kurt still hurts
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:23 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

As today is apparently the anniversary of Kurt Cobain’s death (body discovered 8 April but believed he died 5 April), here’s an exciting link for all you conspiracy theorists:

“My name is Tom Grant. I'm a California state licensed private investigator and former detective with the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. On April 3, 1994, I was hired by Courtney Love, (who was in Los Angeles at the time), to locate her husband after he left a drug rehab center in Marina Del Rey, California. Ms. Love stayed in Los Angeles while I flew to Seattle to search for Cobain with his best friend Dylan Carlson. In fact, Carlson and I had been in the Cobain residence the night before Kurt's body was discovered in the room above the garage.

The police immediately concluded "suicide." I wasn't so sure.

Something was wrong here... terribly wrong.

After several months of intensive investigation, including dozens of taped interviews with Cobain's closest friends and family members, I reached the conclusion that Courtney Love and Michael Dewitt, (the male nanny who lived at the Cobain residence), were involved in a conspiracy that resulted in the murder of Kurt Cobain.

It appears this was not the first attempt on Cobain's life by Courtney Love. It was, however, the first to succeed.”

More dramatic ‘evidence’ at www.cobaincase.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:33 pm 
Chutney ferret with lazy eye

To finally kick the myth of Kurt once and for all into touch....

Kurt was a prat drug abuser who topped himself. Fin!

Yes for a short period he wrote some great songs, and played in one of the world most exciting bands, but that doesn't detract from the fact that he was a selfish wanker who topped himself with little or no regard for his childs future wellbeing or anybody else but himself.

Sorry if this upsets some people but I really don't subscribe to the tortured genius tag that he has managed to pick up over the years.

And before people turn on me, I think this is also true for Sid Vicious (one of my idols) and probably Richie Manic as well.

So my vote.... he killed himself.. end of debate cos I couldn't give a toss frankly!

Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the Rock 'n' Roll....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:48 pm 
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact

Even if she didn't pull the trigger, it's obvious that Courtney killed Kurt... I mean, wouldn't you top yourself if you'd been duped into having intercourse with that hag? She's a untalented scourge on society who played on Cobain's weaknesses and pain... if my dog had a face like hers, its ass would run in the other direction for fear of being licked.

Suicide is a selfish act, borne of delusion and mental illness. There is no romanticism to it. We've had one 12-year old hang herself in the local school basement last week, with two others attempting suicide, in some sort of twisted, idiotic pact... it would appear to have included some sort of suicide chat room on the Internet. I could rant and rave about the idiocy of the whole thing and parental neglect, but I daresay there wouldn't be much argument that suicide is a wasteful, selfish act... had a best mate off himself within a week of Cobain (two day's prior), so I've got a personal perspective on the whole nonsense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:26 pm 
Chutney ferret with lazy eye

Society Killed Kurt - 1 Votes :shock:

Come on, who's the funny guy who voted for that one then! :wink:

Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the Rock 'n' Roll....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:37 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Agree with much of the above - though even if suicide is a selfish act, I'm not sure that translates into those who commit it being selfish themselves - as mr bobodante points out I'd think about it more as being related to mental illness - they might often think that they're doing the best for everyone.

On a purely musical perspective, Nirvana did some excellent stuff but I always preferred Dinosaur Jnr and Mudhoney and still do. Once when faced with the choice I went to see the 'honey instead of Nirvana - a mistake only in a historical sense as I never did see Nirvana live.

Embrace the margin
Always Changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not Changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:14 pm 
There's a tragic waste of half a page in today's Times where Caitlin Moran (sp?) bangs on about how she wrote a brilliant article about Courtney Love which was actually inadvertedly responsible for killing Kurt Cobain because she quoted Love alluding to the fact that Billy Corgan was a better shag and he couldn't hack it. And they call that journalism...

Anyway I usually hate conspiracy theories, but I think this one actually has some mileage. Still, even if Courtney did do it her mission failed miserably, since now Kurts legacy will infinitely outstrip hers for the rest of her sorry existence. Something which I'm convinced haunts her fragile and oversized ego to this day...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:01 am 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
I see amongst those options that the Police killed Kurt. Is there no evil that Sting will not commit...? :shock: