[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4688: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4690: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums • View topic - Save The Montague Arms

SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 5:19 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:38 pm 
What? I thought you wanted to 'save' the fucking pub, not be entertained?! Sorry, if the facts are getting a bit boring now! You fucking sad dicks!

'Thanks to all those who turned up on friday to support the campaign.' -

What, all zero of you! Ha ha! Fucking pathetic... If any of you are thick enough to think that chanting a load of bollocks at a gig and trying to intimidate three girls will 'save' the Montague Arms, then by all means come and make pricks of yourselves (and add to the money we'll be paid at the end of the night). However, if you actually realize that this is a total waste of time and will do nothing to help the situation (as you obviously do judging by the hit-mob of NO-ONE at the Venue) then thank you. The fact that Dave or whatever his name is went 'La La, not listening' or some other hilariously pathetic bollocks when attempts were made to contact him and resolve the situation obviously shows that there is little genuine interest here in actually helping the Montague Arms.

Post subject: wetdog the band
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:51 pm 
Pipe smoking fireside sitter

as a fan of the band i cannot help but feel perplexed by this situation which has arisen.
If Sophie wants to claim compensation for her injuries then why shouldn't she? I definately would.
If you don't like their music then don't go to their gigs. Focus on things you like instead of things you don't like. Negativity is sad and bad.
I played at the montague arms once and was quite disappointed with the whole affair so i don't think i'll play there again. I couldn't give a toss if it got closed down.

Wetdog = better than you

Post subject: wetdog the band
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:54 pm 

not that i think the pub SHOULD be closed down. I just think they should give sophie some money, and me actually. And they should buy some decent equipment. And take all that shit off the walls.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:59 pm 
Bola on the bongos

Is that you Pete? I thought saturday went well for the hot silks, is Gayle all recovered now?

I may have alzheimers but atleast I don't have alzheimers - ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:01 pm 

yes me pete dog
who r u

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:04 pm 
Bola on the bongos

James, andys brothers mate

Post subject: me and the hot silks
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:06 pm 

wow what a coincidence, fancy meeting you here.
shall we have a chat, this is no place for a lady.
what;s your band called?
oh yes, i thought saturday was excellent and i tried to listen later on the webby but it's not up yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:07 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:12 pm 
Bola on the bongos

Post subject: hot silks at 12 bar
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:20 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 4:28 pm 
Bola on the bongos

Post subject: Re: sarf london pussy
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:07 pm 

Post subject: HEY!
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:29 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 7:45 pm 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 8:05 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Enough already! Everybody sit down and i'll make us all a nice cup of tea. No more swearing and mud slinging. The girl has a case - the original poster did not point out the facts. If this is just a spam thread to promote Wetdog, as suggested by Bazza, i'm not amused :x I'm traumatised for the girl in question now as not only did she suffer on the night in question and since but she also got called a 'bitch' for her trouble - i'm sorry but that's inexcusable.

P.S - I was joking about the North/South divide thing? You North londoners could not take on us Sarferners for love or money*

*That too was a joke....

Cavey Cocker, Cup Cake Queen, Saint Thomas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:26 pm 
Bola on the bongos

almost certain its not spam young cavey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:31 pm 
Chutney ferret with lazy eye

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:49 am 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:25 am 

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:49 am 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Well I don't know if it's great publicity :? - it's obvious that the band did not go to charm school as the swearing was well over the top - it's not ladylike really and it's bad for my fragile state of mind - but for me the nail in the coffin came when somebody called Bazza a cock - insult one Borovian insult us all - I've now crossed wetdog off my christmas card list...but i'm sure they'll survive without me...

Just noticed i'm an axe-wielding maniac now..apt..

Cavey Cocker, Cup Cake Queen, Saint Thomas.

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next