Gone, but not forgotten. And what more appropriate way of bidding Keegy farewell than presenting a small section of his best quotes...
* "You get bunches of players like you do bananas...though that is a bad comparison."
* "Argentina won't be at Euro 2000 because they're from South America."
* "People will say that was typical City, which really annoys me. But that's typical City, I suppose..."
* "By the end he [Asprilla] was knackered-o. I think that's the Spanish for it."
* "They're the second best team in the world and there's no higher praise than that."
* "One of his strengths is not heading."
* "He's using his strength and that is his strength, his strength."
* "My father was a miner and he worked down a mine."
* "If I had a blank piece of paper there'd be five names on it."
* "Hungary is very similar to Bulgaria. I know they're different countries..."
* "I didn't see a lot. When Benitez learns a bit more English someone have to tell him to sit down."
* "England have the best fans in the world and Scotland's fans are second to none."
* "Against France we'll have to be at our best both technically, tactically and spirit-wise."
* "You can't do better than go away from home and get a draw."
* "We deserved to win this game after hammering them 0-0 in the first half."
* "I don't think there's anyone bigger or smaller than Maradona."
* "He [SWP] is now getting paid what he deserves to be paid. I don't approve of using kids as cheap labour."
* "The 33 or 34 year olds will be 36 or 37 by the time the next World Cup comes around, if they're not careful."
* "Maine Road was a great football stadium but as time moved on it stayed where it is..."
* "Chile have three options - they could win or they could lose."
* "Gary always weighed up his options, especially when he had no choice."
* "The tide is very much in our court now."
* "The Germans only have one player under 22, and he's 23."
* "You don't get two chances at this level, or at any other level for that matter."
* "He can't speak Turkey, but you can tell he's delighted."
* "Batistuta is very good at pulling off defenders."
* "There'll be no siestas in Madrid tonight."
* "It's understandable that people are keeping one eye on the pot and another up the chimney."
* "England can end the millennium as it started - as the greatest football nation in the world."
* "I know what is around the corner - I just don't know where the corner is. But the onus is on us to perform and we must control the bandwagon."
* "They compare Steve McManaman to Steve Heighway and he's nothing like him, but I can see why - it's because he's a bit different..."
* "In some ways, cramp is worse than having a broken leg."
* "Should Al-Fayed get a British passport? 1000 per cent yes."
* "The good news for Nigeria is that they're two-nil down very early in the game..."
* "Despite his white boots, he has real pace..."
* "That would have been a goal if it wasn't saved."
* "Goalkeepers aren't born today until they're in their late 2Os or 3Os."
* "The substitute is about to come on - he's a player who was left out of the starting line-up today."
* "The ref was vertically 15 yards away."
* "Sir John Hall was a multi-millionaire when I came back to Newcastle. With all the players I've bought, I'm trying to make him just an ordinary millionaire."
* "Football's always easier when you've got the ball."
* "People still have the concept of one big bath, but the way forward
wise is single baths."
* "It's like a toaster, the ref's shirt pocket. Every time there's a tackle, up pops a yellow card."
* "I'd love to be a mole on the wall in the Liverpool dressing room at
* "I'm not trying to make excuses for David Seaman, but I think the lights may have been a problem..."
* "The game has gone rather scrappy as both sides realise they could win this match or lose it."
* "I'm not disappointed - just disappointed."
* "There's a slight doubt about only one player, and that's Tony Adams, who definitely won't be playing tomorrow."
* "I came to Nantes two years ago and it's much the same today, except that it's totally different."
* "We managed to wrong a few rights."
* "It's my job not to get beheaded."
* "I'll never play at Wembley again, unless I play at Wembley again."
* "Sometimes there are too many generals and not enough people waving to the generals as they walk past."
* "A tremendous strike which hit the defender full on the arm - and it nearly came off."
* "That decision, for me, was almost certainly definitely wrong."
* "Danny Tiatto is not going to make a mistake on purpose."
* "He'll also be very dangerous from set-pieces. That means he'll be a threat from free-kicks and corners in the final third of the field."
* "He's [Shaun Wright-Phillips] got a heart as big as his size, which isn't big, but his heart's bigger than that."
* "The problem in our country is that we use hindsight as our judge. When she [Margaret Thatcher] was in power, there were a lot of good things done, but people will always pick out bad things. She was a good lady."