SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Tue Jul 07, 2020 8:13 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 12:26 pm 
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact

Rock star Pete Doherty has been arrested on suspicion of assault and theft.

The former Libertines singer, boyfriend of supermodel Kate Moss, is in custody at a north London police station after an alleged incident at a hotel in Islington last night.

A Scotland Yard spokesman said: "Police were called to a hotel in Peters Lane, London EC1, at 6.20pm yesterday following a report of a man being assaulted.

"A 25-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of assault occasioning actual bodily harm and theft.

"He was taken to a north London police station and remains in custody."

The spokesman added that a man in his 30s was taken to University College Hospital with minor facial injuries, but was understood to have been discharged.

Messages on the fans' forum of his ex-band's website said people were left bemused when a planned concert in London last night by Doherty's band was cancelled.

Doherty, 25, was kicked out of The Libertines after failing to curb his drug problems, after which he set up Babyshambles.

The self-confessed crack cocaine addict has claimed to have spent £1,000 a day in the past to feed his habit.

He was jailed for six months for burgling the house of Libertines bandmate Carl Barat in 2003, and in September last year he received a four-month suspended sentence for possession of a flick knife.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 1:17 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

There was something on the radio this morning suggesting that he'd twatted the bloke who took the pix printed in Sunday's papers showing PD chasing the dragon (while wearing a motorcycle helmet - interesting piece of drug paraphernalia). If so, the bloke got what he deserved. But Petey ought to know he's fair game for all the tabloids these days...shame he doesn't have any honest friends looking out for him. :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 4:21 pm 

Do you know what Anarchy? I was thinking that the other day - where are his true friends? I know you can tire of people if they will not help themselves but true friends never tire - I've said it once and i'll say it again he needs a month in my cave because i'm wholesome - my purity will detox all his demons...

Cavey Cocker, Cup Cake Queen, Saint Thomas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:48 pm 
This, (the bracketed bit) pissed me off from the Brixton Academy this morning:

SHOWS TO SEE IN FEBRUARY
BABYSHAMBLES - Tuesday 22nd February
Former Libertine (and Mr Kate Moss) Pete Doherty's new band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2005 6:53 pm 
cRaZy cat with the bongos

I read elsewhere yesterday that Gemma's done the sensible thing and left Babyshambles. Nice to see someone with a bit of self-respect in this whole sorry mess.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2005 8:11 pm 
Chinstroker

Cavey wrote:
Do you know what Anarchy? I was thinking that the other day - where are his true friends? I know you can tire of people if they will not help themselves but true friends never tire - I've said it once and i'll say it again he needs a month in my cave because i'm wholesome - my purity will detox all his demons...

true friends also dont rob other true friends do they? the bastard's getting what he deserves.. .although i have to wonder what kate moss sees in him. :?

http://www.myspace.com/whenbulletsfail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 6:29 pm 
Mosh Monster

Rough Trade must be creaming their pants with all the publicity this is generating. Quite frankly it sickens me - here is a young man with serious addiction problems, and all the media and music industry can do is stand on the pavement below egging him on to jump.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 06, 2005 9:15 pm 
Honey Pot Snorkler

InhumaneMusic wrote:
Cavey wrote:

true friends also dont rob other true friends do they? the bastard's getting what he deserves.. .although i have to wonder what kate moss sees in him. :?

A new dealer perhaps?

Forum - http://ww.dubhscaffa.net/phpBB2/index.php

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:00 am 

Jess@dubhscaffa wrote:
InhumaneMusic wrote:
Cavey wrote:

A new dealer perhaps?

Ooh, cynical! But they're getting more publicity- features in the tabs and the broadsheets - than she's ever had for wearing some old rags so it's an ill wind.... Pete'd be laughing all the way to the bank, if they had banks in Pentonville. :cry:

Ps I'm not a violent person but that "filmmaker" deserved everything he got.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:27 am 
Chinstroker

Johnny Anarchy wrote:

Ooh, cynical! But they're getting more publicity- features in the tabs and the broadsheets - than she's ever had for wearing some old rags so it's an ill wind.... Pete'd be laughing all the way to the bank, if they had banks in Pentonville. :cry:

Ps I'm not a violent person but that "filmmaker" deserved everything he got.
so what you're saying is.. if i have a burger at maccy d's and then beat up the guy who made it, he'd deserve it?the guys just doing what he gets paid t do.pete should expect it by now the amoubt he's in the public eye... you'd think he'd be more careful.

http://www.myspace.com/whenbulletsfail

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:49 am 
Chutney ferret with lazy eye

Enid Coleslaw wrote:
I read elsewhere yesterday that Gemma's done the sensible thing and left Babyshambles. Nice to see someone with a bit of self-respect in this whole sorry mess.

From the Suffrajets Website:

Open letter to Pete from Gem with regard to the current Babyshambles situation:
Dear Peter,
I would like to make it very clear about my reasons for making the stand that I have.
I will not continue to work under the management that you have chosen for the band as I could no longer be part of a machine that I feel is destroying you. I love you, the music, Patrick, Dru and Babyshambles.
Please be safe and be careful. You are a great artist and have been a massive inspiration to me. Thanks for the experience and for a great time - keep safe and don’t forget to call me...good luck for the future.
xxxgemmaxxx

Doesn't sound good does it? The best musician in the band quits and you end up in pokey for the weekend. Still, things can only get better!

Pete - Sid Vicious
Kate - Nancy Spungon
Gemma - Glen Matlock
Who's gonna be Malcolm McLaren then? :D

Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the Rock 'n' Roll....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:51 pm 
Bola on the bongos

Alan McGee, let him live his dream

I may have alzheimers but atleast I don't have alzheimers - ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:48 am 

TAKE1TEASY wrote:
Alan McGee, let him live his dream

McGee isn't the manager now. It's James Mullord (whose girlfriend PD was pictured with leaving a gig - smell a rat?). McGee's not as machiavellian as all that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, 2005 12:44 pm 

Oh dear - it can't get any worse for Cavey now on this score - bye bye Pete...coming back from another failed job interview yesterday I read with cringe worthiness the Sun exclusive (my fault for buying it) on Pete and his time doing bird (he killed two with one stone in this interview - prison and the Moss one) 'I was in the jacuzzi waiting for Kate for a romantic night..' (mmm oh dear he sounded like some sad kiss and tell - i'd prefer him to be a junkie - they have more morals) 'and then i'm in the slammer' - blah de blah - fooking hell - he spent six days in there - anybody would think he was a lifer! And then there was the accompanying picture with Pete looking like a pro lag...and then one all rock starish with the reporter - a 'before and after' if you will - it said he never accepted any money for the interview - I hope not because no amount of money could justify selling yourself down the toilet in such grave fashion as this article - to me he lost his 'coolness' long ago when he made drugs matter more than his music - but to actually court publicity like this is quite another story - that's my rant over...i'm starting a thread about kiss arsers in interviews..

Cavey Cocker, Cup Cake Queen, Saint Thomas.