SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: The Freakshow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:38 pm 
Go here then-

The Freakshow wakes from its winter hibernation!
I put my tortoise into hibernation for the winter. In the spring, my tortoise had died. It was too near a radiator. Accordingly, the Freakshow is better than a tortoise.

The Freakshow thaws out after the winter freeze!

The fact that we can thaw out makes us better than Captain Scott, and Walt Disney's head.

It's the Freakshow's 2005 relaunch!

The fact that we can have a relaunch makes us better than the space shuttles Challenger and Columbia, and the career of Tony Slattery.

The Freakshow: Better than lightly poached tortoises, foolhardy antarctic explorers, child-touching animators, clumsily maintained space shuttles, and Tony Slattery.

We're back. Bigger and betterer, only the same size.

The delicious disturbed cabaret that we call the Freakshow returns on February 1st, kicking off another unimpeachable season of dark and twisted comedy.

The 2005 Comeback Special features a righteous assembly of talent:

Trevor Lock - you may remember him as the small faced boy on This Morning With Richard Not Judy, but he has many other feathers to his cap, of which being an ace comic is just one. Nevertheless we like to chiefly remember him for a show he was in nearly six years ago, and think that if we harp on about it enough we can make him cry.

Hils Barker - multi-talented woman of wonder, she co-wrote the sketch show Radio9, which was on, er, Radio Four. She is also a marvellous stand-up, and has fabulous hair.

Liam Mullone - a finalist in the BBC New Comedy Awards. Though he didn't get a podium place, Liam is nonetheless a very funny man. Even if he does choke on the big occasion.

Pete Cain - a splendid comedian, and his oven chips are most excellent.

Helen Keen - her stage name, her real name is Helen Maroon 5.

Headlining is the BBC New Comedy Award winner, Andrew Lawrence - he played the Freakshow back in July and was a thing of wonder - we're thrilled to have him back.

Our extra-special secret guest comes in the precise shape of media omnipresence Robin Ince - he is near to completing his quest to appear on every telly show ever: His agent is getting back to him about contributing a soundbite to 'Auschwitz: The Nazis and the Final Solution', and once that's done all that remains is a cameo on Will and Grace, and his earthly work will be finished.

Laid low in December with food poisoning, after eating a Mexican meal intended for the leader of the Ukrainian opposition (satire), Her Majesty Danielle Ward reclaims her micro-throne as Master of Ceremonies.

Usual time, usual place, it's a fiver in, four quid with a flyer or a nice arse.
What do you mean you don't remember when and where?!
Well, little Johnny Alzheimer's, it's at the Betsey Trotwood pub, 56 Farringdon Road, just down from Farringdon tube, opposite the Guardian building. Kicks off at 8.30 sharp - get there early and make a night of it.

Do come; all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing on Tuesday February 1st 2005.

Post subject: Re: The Freakshow
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:24 pm 
Chutney ferret with lazy eye

Simon Los Love wrote:
child-touching animators

Ah, expecting a call from some solicitors sometime soon are we? :shock:

Nobody fucks with the Disney empire old chap........ don't be suprised if somebody take offence to that posting! :P

Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the Rock 'n' Roll....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 21, 2005 9:05 pm 
I didn't write that thing but I take it to mean that he touched small childrens hearts. He touched mine with his talking animals and I'm sure at some point he's touched all of yours.

And that, like Big John Holmes at Wimbledon, will stand up in court.

I am the new Ian Hislop.