SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 1:19 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Creeps
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 2:53 pm 
I would love to know what Radiohead think of G4's version of "Creep" on the X-Factor last night.

Did anyone else see it? Unbelievable!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 5:42 pm 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
I caught a clip of it. Brave's not the word!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:53 pm 
Chutney ferret with lazy eye

And here's me thinking that this thread would be about the Swedish garage band :(

Post subject: Re: Creeps
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:55 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Simon Los Love wrote:
I would love to know what Radiohead think of G4's version of "Creep" on the X-Factor last night.

Did anyone else see it? Unbelievable!

I saw it and I think I'd expand your description to "unbelievable shite". Four minging posh boy banders are being groomed by a leprechaun to sing pop songs in their hoity-toity voices. It was funniest when they sang "what the hell am I doing here" and you thought that their maters wouldn't have approved of such cursing. I saw a clip of their Nessum Dorma - the gimps can only do the most popular piece of opera because their svengali doesn't think the great British public can respond to anything more complicated than a song popularised by Fat Luci. I hope they all collectively choke on Louis Walsh's warty member this Christmas. And that winner was another bad karaoke singer. :x

Post subject: Re: Creeps
PostPosted: Sun Dec 12, 2004 9:18 pm 
Milchman's man milkmaid

Johnny Anarchy wrote:
I saw it and I think I'd expand your description to "unbelievable shite". Four minging posh boy banders are being groomed by a leprechaun to sing pop songs in their hoity-toity voices. It was funniest when they sang "what the hell am I doing here" and you thought that their maters wouldn't have approved of such cursing. I saw a clip of their Nessum Dorma - the gimps can only do the most popular piece of opera because their svengali doesn't think the great British public can respond to anything more complicated than a song popularised by Fat Luci. I hope they all collectively choke on Louis Walsh's warty member this Christmas. And that winner was another bad karaoke singer. :x

Luckily I didn't see it, but again, I really couldn't agree with you more. At least they didn't win it then. All 4 of them can now look forward to using their 'sing-song' voices to good effect when repeating the phrase 'Good afternoon, thanks for calling BT 118500, which name or number do you require?' in about a year's time.....and finishing off the call with 'thanks for calling BT 118500...I used to be in a band you know...yes, G4. I said G4. No, G - as in the letter - then 4, as in the number. Yes, that's it. Yes, G4. No, G....G....'
Tosspots.

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 11:55 am 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

I saw Steve Brookstein (the winner) described in the paper this morning as the “former pub singer”. Looking forward 13 months, I’m sure he’ll be that again. That result was fixed anyway – I suspected as much when they got rid of one group so that the three stooges each had one of “their” bands in the final stages – how else could they have his shitty version of Against All Odds in the shops for 20 December?

All these manufactured bands/singers are getting shorter and shorter periods of success – soon it will be literally 15 minutes. Michelle McManus – she’s at the difficult second single stage, One True Voice (the official winners of Pap Smear or whatever) lasted about 6 months, and there are loads more known only to viewers of Children’s BBC who come and go without us noticing (411, Five, A1, M6 Tollroad - it’s seemingly endless). All those fuckers are at the end of their career at 21 so there’s a good chance you’ll meet them shortly serving you your Whopper Meal. The only bastards really making money are the Cowells, Fullers and Walshs of this world, which is sicker than the aforementioned Whopper Meal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 13, 2004 12:46 pm 
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact

Saw some of the closing rounds. Roweta (ex-Happy Mondays backing singer) was the best by far but obviously the voters were female and went for all the male acts. Tabby was shit, all he did week after week was belt out standard rock choruses. G4 - good voices, and I like opera as much as the next man (ahem) but that operatic pop crossover left me as cold as Bush's heart. Steve - pub singer. If he's the best talent that can be found after a nationwide trawl, then god help us.