SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Mon Jul 13, 2020 2:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2004 11:54 pm 
Bola on the bongos

Product of a very bored afternoon, would anyone pay money to see these line up's, should be feasible as combo of artists commanding different levels of pay.

Friday

Nicolai Dunger / Mew / The Dears / The Bees / Echo & The Bunnymen / The Soundtrack Of Our Lives / Mercury Rev / Ash / Flaming Lips / Franz Ferdinand / Death In Vegas

Saturday

The Earlies / Yo La Tengo / Jesse Malin / My Morning Jacket / Jurassic 5 / Delays / Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Interpol / Ryan Adams / Radiohead / DJ Shadow

Sunday

Kathleen Edwards / Boards Of Canada / Jacob Golden / Lift To Experience / Detroit Cobras / The Cooper Temple Clause / Scissor Sisters / Doves / Air / David Bowie / 2 Many DJ's

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 12:39 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

What, no Kings of Leon? :wink:

Like all festival line ups, there are bands you'd see and those where you disappear for a salmonella burger during their set. Your Saturday line up is the best. The Earlies and the 'Tengo would be great, though I'm not sure if the Detroit Cobras would be good at a festival (I'm not sure if they come out in daylight). And I'd only see Ryan Adams to push the tosser off stage.

And is it just hypothetical or are you treating us as a focus group for Mr Eavis's intentions for Glasto next summer?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 06, 2004 1:16 pm 
Bola on the bongos

I am looking to get into tour and festival organisation at the moment, was an exercise given by an agency but I got a little carried away. What they do with it is anyones guess, hopefully they don't think I am now inept with my knowledge.

Saw Kings of Leon at Benicassim festival, they were basically just leering over the senoritas and I thought they were distinctly ordinary.