SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 8:50 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 8:49 pm 
...for the last time - it's always being disputed among my people...I said 'let's settle it for once and all - The sounds people will know' - so is he? And how good is his version of Personal Jesus? - spanking stuff...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:00 pm 
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact

Urban myth. He is not, in fact, the same person as the young man who played whatever character that was... didn't really watch the show, but that myth's been put to bed more times than Michael Jackson's house guests *insert drum snare*

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 9:05 pm 
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact

Caveyy wrote:
...for the last time - it's always being disputed among my people...I said 'let's settle it for once and all - The sounds people will know' - so is he? And how good is his version of Personal Jesus? - spanking stuff...

Categorically not - see http://www.snopes.com/music/artists/marilyn.htm

Besides, Josh Saviano (geek boy) was only born in '76 and our Brian is about 35.

Glad to be of service, Trog. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:21 pm 
It's a myth along the same lines as that one about Tom Hanks' friend in "Big" being Julian Casablancas. Even though that kid is a ginger.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2004 11:41 pm 
Axe Wielding Maniac

Simon Los Love wrote:
It's a myth along the same lines as that one about Tom Hanks' friend in "Big" being Julian Casablancas. Even though that kid is a ginger.

Or Billy Corgan playing the son in that awful 1980's sitcom Small Wonder, the one about the little girl robot.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 12:53 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Caveyy wrote:
And how good is his version of Personal Jesus? - spanking stuff...

Cavey

Unless you're a 14 year old boy who thinks that the entire world hates you and you want to die, it's the most redundant piece of shite on the planet. He's the least scary wankstain on the planet who gives teenagers with underdeveloped nads a thrill of the forbidden while being perfectly safe. He thinks he's the devil and his name is Bryan....I tremble before your awesome evil, you cock! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:09 pm 
Chutney ferret with lazy eye

I actually quite like him (as a person in interviews - not particularly as a musician). Comes across as an intelligent and witty character.
Also, though I've only seen him once (couple of years ago at Reading) his performance was outstanding - they put on a real show.

He is disappearing down the let's cover some shonky 80's electro pop drain a bit now though - tainted love, sweet dreams, and now personnal jesus - all great as they were thank you very much Bry. :?

Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the Rock 'n' Roll....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:25 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Bananas wrote:
I actually quite like him (as a person in interviews - not particularly as a musician). Comes across as an intelligent and witty character.

Yeah backing Marilyn Manson is a bit like backing the hunting ban in my book - taken on its own merits I can't really see the point, but when you see how much it pisses off the right people you can't help but want to give it a bit of support.

Embrace the margin
Always Changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not Changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 2:48 pm 
Caveyy wrote:
And how good is his version of Personal Jesus?

It's not as good as the Johnny Cash version.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 4:06 pm 
Thank you Toady for clearing it up and being at my service - No, you are right Simon, it's not as good as the Cash version. Yes, Anarchy, i'm a fourteen year old boy :shock: I don't like him because he's the anti-christ! :twisted: Don't worry about the Bryan factor - let's talk about the Marylin factor - ooh yes a very scary name...I like him and I think he has had some great moments. I tremble before your awesome evil Anarchy :wink: Seriously, you have one scary name. :twisted: And you cut me down.... :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:16 pm 
Manson does nothing new or original any more and for that God-awful cover of Soft Cell's 'Tainted Love'... I'm just lost for words. Not that he is without his good songs - 'Love Song', 'and 'Beautiful People' are great - and he does indeed come across as witty and intelligent in interviews so I've never felt the need to criticise the guy.

Definately not, however, to be confused with Mansun the indie band. One fourteen-year-old boy suffered my wrath when i asked him if he'd heard of and/or liked Mansun and he replied "What - Marylin Mansun?".

(*Tim shakes fist and shouts "Why, I oughtta..."*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:25 pm 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Tim (Guest) wrote:
Definately not, however, to be confused with Mansun the indie band. One fourteen-year-old boy suffered my wrath when i asked him if he'd heard of and/or liked Mansun and he replied "What - Marylin Mansun?".

(*Tim shakes fist and shouts "Why, I oughtta..."*)

Hehe. Er... why are you asking 14 year old boys whether they like Mansun...? Had your "puppy" run away...?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 12:36 pm 
Milchman's man milkmaid

He happened to be a young kiddie doing work experience when I worked in a music shop years ago. He asked what music I was into, so I told him. He misunderstood.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 6:36 pm 
I really liked Tainted love :oops: and the video...oh dear this is becoming like the monkey boy Brown thread...i'm not starting any new threads again... :?