SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Sat Nov 17, 2018 6:12 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:00 pm 
In a world where Bryan Mcfadden can get to number one :? I'm just loving 'Keep what ya got' and the video - is it the cheesy way he goes about his daily routine, bumping into Thunderbirds Gallagher along the way? - or is it the fact that he remains the most shaggable guy in music? Or the fact that he still has the attitude and face that says 'Fook you, i'm still the daddy' - or all the above? I'm delighted because the F.E.A.R had been the first song in ages to remind me of why I grew ears and I was having cold turkey for him....welcome back monkey magic :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 4:07 pm 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Look some of my best friends are monkeys but this guy is an slob and an arse. And he's not done owt of any merit post-Roses first album. And he supports The Scum. If you want to shag that then your taste in men is as unsophisticated as your eating habits. Raw flesh from a freshly clubbed diplodicus I presume...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 6:18 pm 
Chutney ferret with lazy eye

I find his constant monkey references an insult to simian kind. :evil: Fuck off a jump on another bandwagon you northern twat, and while you're there find somebody to write songs for you that are at least comparable to the quality of the Roses back catalogue!

Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the Rock 'n' Roll....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:22 pm 
Axe Wielding Maniac

Bovine Juice wrote:
And he's not done owt of any merit post-Roses first album.

Agreed. Second Coming was really disappointing, and except for "Corpses In Their Mouths", his solo stuff is crap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 11:27 pm 
The video for "Keep What Ya Got" is hilarious.
Two men the wrong side of 30 acting like teenage toughs...and it looks like they're just about to kiss each other at one point.

I like F.E.A.R. and My Star by solo Brown though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:40 am 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Ian Brown and Stone Roses are wildly overrated, I dont understand why people rave about him/them so much.

The songs are really quite plain and boring and the fact that the bloody NME said that the 1st roses album was the best album EVER EVER just says it all really.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:42 pm 

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Neil wrote:
Ian Brown and Stone Roses are wildly overrated, I dont understand why people rave about him/them so much.

The songs are really quite plain and boring and the fact that the bloody NME said that the 1st roses album was the best album EVER EVER just says it all really.

Oooh that's fighting talking. I'm setting up a thread to sort you out... :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 1:53 pm 
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact

Neil wrote:

Agreed... like The Smiths, no matter how many times I've tried to "get it" it just passes me by, causing me unpleasant pain (as opposed to pleasant pain, mind you) as it goes. Never been my cuppa.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:38 pm 
Ooh Juicy and Nanas and gang - calm down, he's not a terrorist like Cat Stevens :? We're all entitled to our own opinions and I stand by my words - and thank you Simon for pointing out the beauty of 'My Star'. And how cheesy is the video indeed Simon but it warms the cockles of Cavey's heart, especially when it looks like they are going to kiss :shock: :P
And for your information Juice boy all the ladies I know love the monkey boy....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:46 pm 
Chutney ferret with lazy eye

All the ladies :shock: I worry for your friends Cavey (and for you - though I suppose he does have a slightly neanderthal look so I could understand the attraction there).
The man's rougher than a sandpaper wank IMHO - there's plenty of better looking artists about that you can beat over the head with a club if you ask me! :D

Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the Rock 'n' Roll....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:53 pm 
Ah Nanas, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - He's got a 'I can give you a good time' face - I can understand why people say he's rough - he's not the typical handsome type like Brad Pitt for instance - but Brad does not do it for me - I like a face that tells a story - and in his case a bedtime story - it's what's underneath that counts and he's just bubbling underneath all that hair and cheekbones.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 5:12 pm 
Fella in codpiece with curly mullet

CaveyBrown wrote:
Ah Nanas, beauty is in the eye of the beholder - He's got a 'I can give you a good time' face - I can understand why people say he's rough - he's not the typical handsome type like Brad Pitt for instance - but Brad does not do it for me - I like a face that tells a story - and in his case a bedtime story - it's what's underneath that counts and he's just bubbling underneath all that hair and cheekbones.... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Cavey is Dame Barbara Cartland and I claim my five pounds.

Records I Like - The Culture Bunker- Festive 50 Spotify Playlists

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:03 pm 
Good God man I am...there's your bluey...do you know i'm not even going to tell you why that's scary, what you've suggested there :shock:

*A glimpse at Cavey Cartland's latest work on disk..*
She knew she had to have him as she looked at the knave's bulging trouser parcel...
Has anybody attempted to read the pink person's work? I read two pages of 'The Knave of hearts' and felt my IQ slowly slipping away from me :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:11 pm 

CaveyCartland wrote:
Good God man I am...there's your bluey...do you know i'm not even going to tell you why that's scary, what you've suggested there :shock:

*A glimpse at Cavey Cartland's latest work on disk..*
She knew she had to have him as she looked at the knave's bulging trouser parcel...
Has anybody attempted to read the pink person's work? I read two pages of 'The Knave of hearts' and felt my IQ slowly slipping away from me :shock:

What... into... negative numbers? :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 11:16 am 
Ho ho Sir Bovine - yes it would lead me into that territory where you would be waiting for me... :wink: :lol: :shock: :? :twisted: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 2:03 pm 

Brown's no monkey, he's a weasel! He's not ageing well, and wearing shellsuits just highlights his general lack of style, class and talent. There should be a special housing estate for scummers like him - maybe he could live next to Shaun Rider and Bez! (*says JA, quickly hiding gold chains and sovereign rings and removing Adidas tracky bottoms and Burberry cap*)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:20 pm 
:lol: - ooh Mr Anarchy you can be so cutting when you have to be - 'He's not ageing well'.. :D He's got a little grey beard coming on but that just adds to the appeal because now he can double up as Father Christmas for me with some padding.. :? Nah, i'll leave it now...I can see i'm out numbered in my love for my little singing monkey - i'll have to keep him like a dirty little secret now from the Sounds board...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 3:33 pm 

it doesnt really matter how he ages. Johnny Cash didnt age very well did he but he still managed to do some wonderful things in the last years of his life. Ian Brown is still riding on the back of Roses success and is just irrelevant and he sounds like a drunk old tramp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 1:21 pm 
:lol: Ah, Gawd love him. He's a drunken tramp now! I would stick up for him but I don't need to - he has his critics and worshippers in abundance - he's probably used to it....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:50 pm 

Cavey! wrote:
he has his critics in abundance - he's probably used to it....
If he comes scavenging around my bins again I'll set the dogs on him. :evil: