SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:18 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: Toffs are rioting
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:55 pm 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Rupert and Jessica are scrapping with the bobbies down in Parliament Square round the corner from us at the moment. Not a chin to be seen...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 10:16 pm 
Fella in codpiece with curly mullet

Set the dawgs on 'em............... Get off my land (Out of my town?) you oiks.

Records I Like - The Culture Bunker- Festive 50 Spotify Playlists

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:15 am 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Bola wrote:
Set the dawgs on 'em............... Get off my land (Out of my town?) you oiks.

Too many of the inbred fuckers - I'd shoot anyone in a flat cap singing "Swing Low Sweet Chariot" to keep down the numbers. It's the most humane way and I know they'd understand.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:55 am 
Mosh Monster

I must admit it was very entertaining watching footage of the Police beating the crap out of these fools on the telly last night.

I see the Daily Mail is calling it "Civil War", which is predictably a bit OTT. I seem to remember 2 million of us marching against the war in Iraq last year, but I guess we were just a bunch of lefties / crusties, rather than "decent" middle england folk.

All together now "You're just a small village in Dorset!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 12:27 pm 
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact

jannerboy wrote:
I must admit it was very entertaining watching footage of the Police beating the crap out of these fools on the telly last night.

Hear, hear! The amount of green flat caps and tweed around here yesterday was truly terrifying. I've never seen so many utter wankers in one place. The annoying thing is that you see pro-hunters trying to placate the anti lobby by saying 'well, often in a hunt we don't actually catch the fox, it's the taking part'. So, a very effective method of control then.

~Toady,
veggie, anti-hunting, anti-vivisection, animal rights type person

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:09 pm 

jannerboy wrote:

Too right.

What makes me laugh is that these fuckers now state they will ignore any laws banning hunting yet there are the first to wank themselves into a frenzy when the Daily Mail writes about May Day Riots, Criminal Justice Bill, Anti War Demo's et al saying that they protesters should respect the law and erm democracy!!! Double standards? It makes me want to sign up as a special constable so I can beat the fuck out of them. One smack of the truncheon for each fox killed.

Seriously though you should have listened to Henrietta on Radio 5 yesterday. First she states that Fox hunting is pest control but they don't kill that many. One caller rang in and said why don't they control them in a different way if the existing methods were not effective. Off she went into a flap saying it was her right to dress up in a sexual deviants outfit (okay she didn't say that bit) and unsuccessfully try and make a kill because it was the way of the country - where is that written down by the way? Sadly no one challenged her over the fact that in the last polls country residents voted 2-1 against hunting and sadly I could not get through to ask why hunts dig artificial earths to encourage foxes to breed as that goes against their pest control claims.

And as for an issue of class to bloody right it is. Margi Clarke once stated that the only reason they hunt foxes is because laws were passed to stop them hunting the working class. Bit strong but makes the point anyway.

Last edited by Bola on Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:12 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 2:10 pm 

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Phlegmy Toad wrote:
jannerboy wrote:

Hear, hear! The amount of green flat caps and tweed around here yesterday was truly terrifying. I've never seen so many utter wankers in one place. The annoying thing is that you see pro-hunters trying to placate the anti lobby by saying 'well, often in a hunt we don't actually catch the fox, it's the taking part'. So, a very effective method of control then.

~Toady,

The hounds invariably kill any other small beast that gets in their way too (rabbits, squirrels, kittens, etc). I don't get it at all myself, the fact that they even refer to it as "Blood Sports" themselves, sums it up...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 3:10 pm 

Not fox hunting but did you see some of the inbreds went shooting by night ('Lamping') and managed to kill the stepson of one of their party! Fuckwits! bet they still gutted and cooked the body though....

I used to think there were more important uses of Parliamentary time than fox hunting. Yesterday persuaded me that we've got to get it banned and Otis Ferry locked up ASAP. It's strange though that this becomes an issue just at the time when Iraq is going totally tits up and Tony's still saying that the war was justified...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 4:02 pm 

I've always been pretty ambivalent about hunting itself but, with a couple of noble exceptions, have never had much time for hunters. Having to push my way through crowds of witless toffs who shouted "go back to your council house" at anyone who expressed a contrary opinion reminded me just how little time. They weren't all toffs, but those who aren't are kidding themselves (or have found a way to make a serious dollar)

I'm hoping to move back out to the sticks soon - one drawback of banning hunting would be groups of these goons, unable to sate their bloodlust elsewhere, hanging around otherwise decent pubs looking for fights.

Embrace the margin
Always Changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not Changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:42 pm 
Wurzel's moth felcher

jannerboy wrote:
I must admit it was very entertaining watching footage of the Police beating the crap out of these fools on the telly last night [ ]

Ah I were chewing this over last night, it seems when one sympathises with those protesting police brutality is inhumane and when one doesn't then it's justified... funny ol' world. As much as I believe fox hunting (and anyone in support of it) should be wiped off the face of the earth I can completely understand why certain protestors acted so militantly... for some of them, when fox hunting is banned, then their way of live and many of their jobs will be lost. Small price to pay in the grand scheme of things in my view but when people's livelihoods are about to be ruined then you can see how anger of the sort spirals out of control...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 6:45 pm 
Wurzel's moth felcher

Bovine Juice wrote:
Phlegmy Toad wrote:
jannerboy wrote:

~Toady,

The hounds invariably kill any other small beast that gets in their way too (rabbits, squirrels, kittens, etc). I don't get it at all myself, the fact that they even refer to it as "Blood Sports" themselves, sums it up...

Yeah I remember years ago this story of how a hunt ended up going through this old dear's garden and the hounds tore her poor cat to shreds whilst it was sitting on the grass. When challenged, the huntsman argued that the lady's cat had every right to be savaged 'cos the hunt had been traditionally going for centuries over the land before her house was even built, and was therefore still on a huntpath... twat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004 7:14 pm 
I don't give a shite either way for the foxes or the protestors - Cavey has bigger fish to fry in this world - all I know is a fox ran across my path this morning and looked like he didn't give a shite about it all either - the one on the bench reading the Sun did though...(okay there was no fox sitting on a bench reading - like I had to tell you I made that bit up) :roll: - Mmmmm I feel I should put more effort into this debate....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:37 am 
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact

Cavey! wrote:
a fox ran across my path this morning and looked like he didn't give a shite about it all either - the one on the bench reading the Sun did though...!

Presumably that was Samantha?

And you really should give a shit about the foxes Cavey. Shame on you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:59 am 
:oops: :oops: :oops: I'm sorry Toady - I do feel ashamed - I do love the foxes but they're just way down on my list of reasons to feel ashamed for being a human being at the minute - did anybody read about the thirteen year old boy killed on a fox hunt the other day? I think it was a fox hunt. :? He was shot dead by his stepdad - but even his wasted life has not deterred 'people' from wanting to continue this 'traditional' pastime. Sorry toady - I did not offend you did I? :cry: Anyway if it makes you feel better i'm boycotting Bryan Ferry's music...no wait I already do that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 11:25 am 
Phlegmy Toad wrote:
Cavey! wrote:
a fox ran across my path this morning and looked like he didn't give a shite about it all either - the one on the bench reading the Sun did though...!

Presumably that was Samantha?

And you really should give a shit about the foxes Cavey. Shame on you

:lol: :lol: - I've had to log back in - i've just cottoned on - do you mean Samantha Fox? - Sun page three chick :wink: - you made me feel so ashamed of myself Toady that I didn't twig...now you are going to tell me that you did not mean Sam fox... :? Will I ever live this thread down?...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 2:49 pm 

Maybe we should just go on a Cavey hunt?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:40 pm 
:shock: Tell me you jest mime boy? :? I can't apologise enough for my apparent lack of concern for the little foxes - don't hurt me....too much...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:53 pm 
Since they were elected on a manifesto that promised to allot sufficient time to make it possible for a ban on hunting to go through it's only right they should go ahead and do it, and about bloody time too.

I was about to argue that jobs needn't be lost if they carried on with, I think it's called drag hunting, (just following the scent?), but then I realised that of course they're probably still going to come across real-live foxes while they're doing it and that I was in fact talking, (thinking), bollocks :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 10:55 pm 
*sigh* That was me :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004 11:05 pm 

Cavey! wrote:
:shock: Tell me you jest mime boy? :? I can't apologise enough for my apparent lack of concern for the little foxes - don't hurt me....too much...

Uh oh if it's gonna get a bit S&M round here we'd better unteather Dawni...

The amazing tumbling Bola quads mime hanging from the ceiling by their underpants...