SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums
http://www.soundsxp.com/forum/

New Site Logo
http://www.soundsxp.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1521
Page 1 of 1

Author:  soundsxp [ Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:47 pm ]
Post subject:  New Site Logo

Ok we're trying to come up with a new logo for the site to replace the now tired and creaking 3 year old effort hanging off its hinges above. It basically needs to be eye catching and preferably music related. First drafts looked good but as some wag quipped looked like a toothpaste brand. This was mainly because they were fairly standard designs based on the word SoundsXP with no recognisable quirky 'badge' or logo. We're now thinking maybe that's what we need. Suggestions of alternatives so far have been entertaining but fruitless. Anyone got any suggestions? A lot raised so far have involved monkeys playing various instruments but anyone have any thoughts? There must be someone out there with a bit of imagination...

Author:  SPT [ Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:57 pm ]
Post subject: 

Reckon a zimmer frame covered with band stickers (50:50 split between early 80's post punkers and contemporary bands with singers that the eds fancy) would sum us up nicely.

Author:  Bananas [ Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:40 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: New Site Logo

soundsxp wrote:
A lot raised so far have involved monkeys playing various instruments but anyone have any thoughts? There must be someone out there with a bit of imagination...


Why look any further? Every fool knows that monkeys ARE the new rock and roll! :D

Author:  Cavey! [ Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:39 pm ]
Post subject: 

No - cavemen are the new rock and roll :wink: I want to see a caveman spinning some tunes with two busty pre-historic ho type characters either side of him - or an ageing rocker arm wrestling a whipper snapper rocker -or some of the Soundsxp people cartoonised with one smashing a guitar over the other one's head for daring to disagree with him... :? in other words I want a logo that says 'Yes we dare to disagree in this musical world and bugger the consequences... :? '
Apart from the first idea - that's just a Cavey fantasy....

Author:  Honey [ Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:34 pm ]
Post subject: 

Tskk! You only had to ask ;)

Er, that was regarding needing a logo, not re Cavey's fantasies which I'm not getting involved in.

Author:  Johnny Anarchy [ Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:54 pm ]
Post subject: 

Honey wrote:
Tskk! You only had to ask ;)

Er, that was regarding needing a logo, not re Cavey's fantasies which I'm not getting involved in.


Honey, what are you offering? Cos we need some creative input into something we're doing and one of you media types might be able to help with some vision and elan. Or just some cheap labour, rewarded with a small shandy afterwards. :wink:

Author:  Guest [ Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:55 pm ]
Post subject: 

Johnny Anarchy wrote:
Honey wrote:
Tskk! You only had to ask ;)

Er, that was regarding needing a logo, not re Cavey's fantasies which I'm not getting involved in.


Honey, what are you offering? Cos we need some creative input into something we're doing and one of you media types might be able to help with some vision and elan. Or just some cheap labour, rewarded with a small shandy afterwards. :wink:


I'll do it for you if you tell me what it is you want and provided I'm allowed to tell you if I think it's shit :)

Author:  Bola [ Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:26 pm ]
Post subject: 

How about the Old Gits from Harry Enfields show?

Image

We could always have my quote I gave to the Barbs at the Barfly. "Sounds XP. The Wallace Arnold Of Music". Or something like that :wink:

Why don't you run a competition on the site for a new logo design. Trouble is if the new logo is not in the same colours as the old one you are going to have to give the site a new lick of paint as well.

Author:  Johnny Anarchy [ Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:20 am ]
Post subject: 

Anonymous wrote:
Johnny Anarchy wrote:
Honey wrote:
Tskk! You only had to ask ;)

Er, that was regarding needing a logo, not re Cavey's fantasies which I'm not getting involved in.


Honey, what are you offering? Cos we need some creative input into something we're doing and one of you media types might be able to help with some vision and elan. Or just some cheap labour, rewarded with a small shandy afterwards. :wink:


I'll do it for you if you tell me what it is you want and provided I'm allowed to tell you if I think it's shit :)


Honey - is that you? On the logo, we need some feminine influence rather than the penis substitutes we've gone for in the past. On second thoughts, maybe you're not the right person for this job.... :wink:

Actually, I was thinking of a poster for the next SXP gig involving the Broken Family Band and Piney Gir. Do you or anyone else want to have a go at designing it?

Author:  Honey [ Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:24 pm ]
Post subject: 

Sorry, that was me, I've installed a new operating system at home and appear to have lost the power to stay signed in :roll:

Assuming your poster is going to have the logo on it wouldn't it be better to get the logo sorted first? Would one of your merry band like to email me what ideas you have already, not to mention telling me who or what the Broken Family Band and Piney Gir are, (my talents lie elsewhere, okay?), and I'll see what I can do.

Author:  Honey [ Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:27 pm ]
Post subject: 

PS Work email, I've also lost the power to recieve email at home :roll: Juiceman and Toady both have my work email.

Author:  Bovine Juice [ Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:11 pm ]
Post subject: 

Honey wrote:
(my talents lie elsewhere, okay?)


Focus Juice, focus...

Page 1 of 1 All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
http://www.phpbb.com/