SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:21 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: New Site Logo
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:47 pm 
Offline
Roadie

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:31 pm
Posts: 73
Ok we're trying to come up with a new logo for the site to replace the now tired and creaking 3 year old effort hanging off its hinges above. It basically needs to be eye catching and preferably music related. First drafts looked good but as some wag quipped looked like a toothpaste brand. This was mainly because they were fairly standard designs based on the word SoundsXP with no recognisable quirky 'badge' or logo. We're now thinking maybe that's what we need. Suggestions of alternatives so far have been entertaining but fruitless. Anyone got any suggestions? A lot raised so far have involved monkeys playing various instruments but anyone have any thoughts? There must be someone out there with a bit of imagination...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:57 pm 
Offline
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:48 pm
Posts: 3758
Location: Sheffield
Reckon a zimmer frame covered with band stickers (50:50 split between early 80's post punkers and contemporary bands with singers that the eds fancy) would sum us up nicely.

_________________
Pukka Pie pest

Embrace the margin
Always Changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not Changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: New Site Logo
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 3:40 pm 
Offline
Chutney ferret with lazy eye
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:44 pm
Posts: 1501
Location: London Zoo
soundsxp wrote:
A lot raised so far have involved monkeys playing various instruments but anyone have any thoughts? There must be someone out there with a bit of imagination...


Why look any further? Every fool knows that monkeys ARE the new rock and roll! :D

_________________
GREENFORD ROCK CITY!

Well, I'm sure I'd feel much worse if I weren't under such heavy sedation.

As long as there's sex and drugs, I can do without the Rock 'n' Roll....


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:39 pm 
No - cavemen are the new rock and roll :wink: I want to see a caveman spinning some tunes with two busty pre-historic ho type characters either side of him - or an ageing rocker arm wrestling a whipper snapper rocker -or some of the Soundsxp people cartoonised with one smashing a guitar over the other one's head for daring to disagree with him... :? in other words I want a logo that says 'Yes we dare to disagree in this musical world and bugger the consequences... :? '
Apart from the first idea - that's just a Cavey fantasy....


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:34 pm 
Tskk! You only had to ask ;)

Er, that was regarding needing a logo, not re Cavey's fantasies which I'm not getting involved in.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 6:54 pm 
Offline
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:18 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: Tralfamadore
Honey wrote:
Tskk! You only had to ask ;)

Er, that was regarding needing a logo, not re Cavey's fantasies which I'm not getting involved in.


Honey, what are you offering? Cos we need some creative input into something we're doing and one of you media types might be able to help with some vision and elan. Or just some cheap labour, rewarded with a small shandy afterwards. :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 9:55 pm 
Johnny Anarchy wrote:
Honey wrote:
Tskk! You only had to ask ;)

Er, that was regarding needing a logo, not re Cavey's fantasies which I'm not getting involved in.


Honey, what are you offering? Cos we need some creative input into something we're doing and one of you media types might be able to help with some vision and elan. Or just some cheap labour, rewarded with a small shandy afterwards. :wink:


I'll do it for you if you tell me what it is you want and provided I'm allowed to tell you if I think it's shit :)


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 10:26 pm 
Offline
Fella in codpiece with curly mullet
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 08, 2003 6:36 pm
Posts: 6251
Location: Legra, Ēastseaxe
How about the Old Gits from Harry Enfields show?

Image

We could always have my quote I gave to the Barbs at the Barfly. "Sounds XP. The Wallace Arnold Of Music". Or something like that :wink:

Why don't you run a competition on the site for a new logo design. Trouble is if the new logo is not in the same colours as the old one you are going to have to give the site a new lick of paint as well.

_________________
If Ian Curtis had lived, and enjoyed the ale…

Records I Like - The Culture Bunker- Festive 50 Spotify Playlists


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 11:20 am 
Offline
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 5:18 pm
Posts: 3868
Location: Tralfamadore
Anonymous wrote:
Johnny Anarchy wrote:
Honey wrote:
Tskk! You only had to ask ;)

Er, that was regarding needing a logo, not re Cavey's fantasies which I'm not getting involved in.


Honey, what are you offering? Cos we need some creative input into something we're doing and one of you media types might be able to help with some vision and elan. Or just some cheap labour, rewarded with a small shandy afterwards. :wink:


I'll do it for you if you tell me what it is you want and provided I'm allowed to tell you if I think it's shit :)


Honey - is that you? On the logo, we need some feminine influence rather than the penis substitutes we've gone for in the past. On second thoughts, maybe you're not the right person for this job.... :wink:

Actually, I was thinking of a poster for the next SXP gig involving the Broken Family Band and Piney Gir. Do you or anyone else want to have a go at designing it?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:24 pm 
Sorry, that was me, I've installed a new operating system at home and appear to have lost the power to stay signed in :roll:

Assuming your poster is going to have the logo on it wouldn't it be better to get the logo sorted first? Would one of your merry band like to email me what ideas you have already, not to mention telling me who or what the Broken Family Band and Piney Gir are, (my talents lie elsewhere, okay?), and I'll see what I can do.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 12:27 pm 
PS Work email, I've also lost the power to recieve email at home :roll: Juiceman and Toady both have my work email.


Top
  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2004 1:11 pm 
Offline
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 14708
Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Honey wrote:
(my talents lie elsewhere, okay?)


Focus Juice, focus...

_________________
Mod Supreme, Demon Headmaster


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group