SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:11 am

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: 9/11 Conspiracy Theory
PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2004 2:46 pm 
Offline
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 14708
Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon.php#Main

Questions asked about the Boeing 757 that allegedly hit thePentagon 3 years ago today. Very interesting video.

_________________
Mod Supreme, Demon Headmaster


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 11:50 am 
Offline
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 3:05 pm
Posts: 590
Location: Essex
Bovine Juice wrote:
http://www.freedomunderground.org/memoryhole/pentagon.php#Main

Questions asked about the Boeing 757 that allegedly hit thePentagon 3 years ago today. Very interesting video.


I think they should question David Copperfield. Doesn't he make planes disappear?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 4:08 pm 
Offline
Chinstroker
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 15, 2004 5:00 pm
Posts: 26
Location: London
Hey, this isn't music chat! When did SoundsXP get all political?

Seriously, excellent work from the Memory Hole there - very useful to have someone to remind us of the gaps in the official truth. The Pentagon and Pennsylvania incidents have always been a bit mysterious to me, but it remains the case that Flight 77 disappeared - after all, there are articles in that sinister propaganda organ National Geographic about people who died in it:

http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2001/09/0912_disasterngs.html

Loads more info on the incident here:

http://www.freedomfiles.org/war/pentagon.htm

including this article in favour of the official truth:

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles/august2004/110804factsstraight.htm

but ultimately, f*ck knows what happened. The really scary part is, even with all the video, satellite and eyewitness evidence, it is still hard to know who's lying. Thank goodness we have a free press to make sure the truth gets out...

_________________
http://www.fivesevenyc.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/peter.html


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 5:12 pm 
Offline
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jul 14, 2003 2:52 pm
Posts: 14708
Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
57YC wrote:
Hey, this isn't music chat! When did SoundsXP get all political?...


We've always been political. Das Kapital in one hand and erm a spudgun in the other.

_________________
Mod Supreme, Demon Headmaster


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Politics
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 12:12 pm 
Offline
Mosh Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:29 pm
Posts: 151
Bovine Juice wrote:
57YC wrote:
Hey, this isn't music chat! When did SoundsXP get all political?...


We've always been political. Das Kapital in one hand and erm a spudgun in the other.


Talking of Russian politics (and neatly tying it together with music), last night I saw the classic 1920s film Battleship Potempkin on a huge screen in Trafalgar Square, accompanied by a "live" soundtrack by the Pet Shop Boys. (I guess the location appealed to them, bearing in mind Horatio "kiss me Hardy" Nelson's 'gay icon' status.) It was OK, bearing in mind it was raining a bit and that 80 year old movies are hardly gripping by today's standards. I reckon there were about 8000 people there.

The music veered from serene violin-accompanied sections (with Neil Tennant doing occasional vocals) to Kraftwerk-influenced warlike rhythms for the 'action' parts. Not bad, but hardly on par with any John Williams compositions or even Queen's classic "Flash Gordon" score.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:29 pm 
Offline
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2003 3:48 pm
Posts: 3758
Location: Sheffield
57YC wrote:
Loads more info on the incident here:

http://www.freedomfiles.org/war/pentagon.htm



Hmmm - not sure if the apparently seriously made point about the Illuminati and reference to one of David Icke's speeches for more info really helps in casting doubts on the official (presumably lizard concoted) version of events.

_________________
Pukka Pie pest

Embrace the margin
Always Changing at Retford http://sptxx.tumblr.com/
Not Changing at Retford http://sptxx2.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:31 pm 
Offline
cRaZy cat with the bongos

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:53 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Quality Cafe
I was at the Pet Shop Boys thing in Trafalgar Square last night as well and thought it was really good. The live soundtrack made the film more interesting than I remember from GCSE History. I don't know 'owt about these things really but 'twas a cracking evening despite the rain.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Potempkin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 4:46 pm 
Offline
Mosh Monster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jul 29, 2003 11:29 pm
Posts: 151
Enid Coleslaw wrote:
I was at the Pet Shop Boys thing in Trafalgar Square last night as well and thought it was really good. The live soundtrack made the film more interesting than I remember from GCSE History. I don't know 'owt about these things really but 'twas a cracking evening despite the rain.


You were probably closer to the screen and the speakers than me. I wasn’t even in the Square itself but over the road on the steps of St Martin’s Church, which was the best view I could get having arrived only 30 minutes before the start. The reviews in The Guardian (http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/theguide/archives/music/2004/09/go_west_end.html) are full of praise.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Potempkin
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 5:14 pm 
Offline
cRaZy cat with the bongos

Joined: Sun Aug 31, 2003 11:53 pm
Posts: 704
Location: Quality Cafe
Muir wrote:
You were probably closer to the screen and the speakers than me. I wasn’t even in the Square itself but over the road on the steps of St Martin’s Church, which was the best view I could get having arrived only 30 minutes before the start. The reviews in The Guardian (http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/theguide/archives/music/2004/09/go_west_end.html) are full of praise.


Very much so. I was about ten metres from the front having turned up at 5.30pm to ensure optimum stage/screen viewing position. It was a bit of a chore to start with but the time soon flew by. I can concur that for those who turned up early enought to be in the main square proper (any time before 6.30-7ish) it was a wonderful and rather powerful experience all round.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group