SoundsXP Message Boards - Indie, Indiepop, Nu-Folk and Alt-Country Forums

SoundsXP's very own gathering spot for the intelligent, irreverent, witty and daft.
It is currently Thu Jul 16, 2020 7:57 pm

All times are UTC + 1 hour [ DST ]

Post subject: who do you hate?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:40 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Why do I hate Johnny Borrell and his shitty Razorlight?

Is it because the new single ‘Vice’ has just been lifted straight from 'the Velvet Underground'?

Is it because that ugly horse face reminds us that even though Shergar’s dead and made into catfood, the night of passion it had with Mrs Borrell means its genes carry on in that lanky wankstain excuse of an offspring?

Is it that ridiculous claim to be better than Dylan (Bob, Moran, Thomas, the hippy rabbit from Magic Roundabout, I don’t know)?

Is it his pathetic suggestion that he had some problems with Class As but had the willpower to give them up just as Pete Doherty was having his real struggle with the brown?

Is it the way that he clings to the coattails of the Libs, sneaking along in their slipstream and picking up their discarded riffs?

Or is it just that Razorlight are the worst example of shit music being mass-produced by a major label and hyped by the whores of the NME?

Borrell is wanker of the week, this week and every week, the gibbon-faced cock-chomper.

Anyone else got an intemperate rant they need to get off their chest?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 9:59 pm 
Hereeeeeeeeee'sssssssssssss Johnny! (with an axe to grind) well i'm so glad that I have no social life as I can add my own rant to yours Johnny - though I don't think I can top it. Natasha Bedingfield - have I spelt her name wrong? Who gives a shit - why? and how did it happen? It's the biggest assault on mother music since she had the shit kicked out of her by the Cheeky Girls - but Nat makes the Cheeky girls look like the Supremes (if there had been two of them starving too) I want to go to dinner at the Bedingfield (have I spelt it wrong? Who gives a shit) household - if I can't poison the pair (yes, her brother is shite too) I can always use the salad fork or any other item of cutlery to save the music world from them. Am I alone in wishing that the Bedingfield Ma and Pa would have used protection at all times when engaging in bedroom (or any other room) activities? :? I like this thread - I will be visiting it again real soon...
I kind of like Razorlight Johnny :oops: but you are scaring me into changing my mind... :? Chuckling at the Shergar reference though it was a bit cruel...there's no way he's catfood now...Elvis rides him daily :shock: in a field somewhere... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:39 pm 
Drunken mustachioed lothario on stage

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
As a pacifist I'm not naturally inclined towards feelings of hatred but Mick Hucknall doesn't appear to have a single redeeming feature. Being ginger alone should be sufficient enough to see him forced to spend his waking hours strapped to a bed of freshly sharpened spikes smeared in honey and wearing a ballbag beard of bees. Actually make them wasps, they're more dangerous. Unfortunately he also sings. Well he used to, until everyone got fed up with the whiney little turd. And he has frizzy hair. But worst of all, the ginger nutted twat is a Rag....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:38 am 
Mute with Roland who avoids eye contact

I've always had a loathing for Phil Collins, the obnoxious little twat. Still haven't forgotten his publicity stunt of making sure he was at both Live Aids. He looks like he should be flogging second hand cars instead of third rate songs. :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:55 am 
Wurzel's moth felcher

Dido. There isn't a fragment of a morsel of anything suggesting any depth or feeling in any of her music. Music for people who when asked for their favourite record shop respond, "Asda".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 12:35 pm 
Yes I agree Westie, on name alone - stupid name, stupid girl - Johhny did you see Razorlight on Parky last night or were you too busy living a life like everybody else? Ooohh it were a bit special - he came over all 'Elvisy' and threw a gospel choir behind him and they larged it with 'Golden touch' Got to tell you Johnny I were impressed - even Tom Cruise thought it were dead great...he needs a haircut though - that's the Razorlight boy and not Cruise (hellllllllooooo :wink: ) or Parky...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 1:48 pm 
no, don't get Razorlight at all

I saw them on Parkinson last night and they were alright, but with a gospel choir behind you, you can't really go wrong can you?

They look awful. Suit jackets with rolled up sleeves, drainpipes, big ice white trainers (with chevron action flashes). They stink of Shoreditch.

"The Golden Touch" sounds like a Hall and Oates song.

I genuinely haven't read or looked at the NME since February so I have no idea what he's said in interviews about him being better than Dylan. Self belief is a good thing but there's a fine line between being confident and deluded

Post subject: Re: who do you hate?
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 5:40 pm 
Johnny Anarchy wrote:

Because, he's a CUNT! and they are FUCKING SHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite... :evil:
I also hate Goldie Lookin Chain because it's just NOT funny and the music is FUCKING BOLLOCKS!
...and you've also got CUNTS like that twat Justin out of the Darkness describing his own music as 'turgid rubbish' and people still buy their FUCKING GOD-AWFUL CRAP they call 'music'...
I hate the NME for been so FUCKING sensationalist (not to mention the journalism is a FUCKING disgrace)... I hate the way the 'big up' about 10 of 'their' favourite bands then litterally IGNORE everything else... WANKERS!
I hate that FUCKING Colin and FUCKING Edith, FUCKING twats they are...
...AND... I FUCKING HATE the way all the FUCKING festivals are televised and full of people walking around filming SHIT!
Also, I REALLY HATE that stupid Jo Whiley! I mean what the fuck has happened to her? A few years back she was into some half decent music but now? Star Sailor?
...talking of which... FUCKING Star Sailor should be SHOT in the FACE! :evil:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 6:06 pm 

Location: Wild and devil-may-care on the last mobility scooter to hell... YEAH!!!!
Anonymous wrote:
Johnny Anarchy wrote:

Because, he's a CUNT! and they are FUCKING SHiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiite... :evil:
I also hate Goldie Lookin Chain because it's just NOT funny and the music is FUCKING BOLLOCKS!
...and you've also got CUNTS like that twat Justin out of the Darkness describing his own music as 'turgid rubbish' and people still buy their FUCKING GOD-AWFUL CRAP they call 'music'...
I hate the NME for been so FUCKING sensationalist (not to mention the journalism is a FUCKING disgrace)... I hate the way the 'big up' about 10 of 'their' favourite bands then litterally IGNORE everything else... WANKERS!
I hate that FUCKING Colin and FUCKING Edith, FUCKING twats they are...
...AND... I FUCKING HATE the way all the FUCKING festivals are televised and full of people walking around filming SHIT!
Also, I REALLY HATE that stupid Jo Whiley! I mean what the fuck has happened to her? A few years back she was into some half decent music but now? Star Sailor?
...talking of which... FUCKING Star Sailor should be SHOT in the FACE! :evil:

Blimey, do we have issues er Guest? Funny stuff but come out from beneath the mask. Who are you?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 7:59 pm 
Mosh Monster

I hate Virgin Radio. Living outside of the M25 I have to chose between it, Radio 1,2 or, if I feel clever, 4. So, quite often I wind up having it on and it's abonimable.
The Djs are total tossers with no grasp of the current musical climate, they do a chart every now and again and teh Dj is such an arse licking wanker, he'll say something is great no matter what - he'll call anything V festival friendly and guitar based 'cool' and 'great'. A while ago they used to have a jingle which simply said 'Here at Virgin Radio we thin Rap = Crap' !?!?!
It's shocking. They have just began an internet chart and they are practically having to explain to their Mondeo driving audience exactly what downloading music is!
I really, really can't stand it. I mean, they play Parklife and Bohemian Like You at least twice a day - really!
Arrrggggh.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 8:15 pm 
Girl on the Door with the Rubber Stamp

Bovine Juice wrote:
Blimey, do we have issues er Guest? Funny stuff but come out from beneath the mask. Who are you?

Sorry, only me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:19 pm 
Fella in codpiece with curly mullet

THATCHER and BLAIR. Cannot wait for Blair's Spencer Perceval impression....

Records I Like - The Culture Bunker- Festive 50 Spotify Playlists

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 4:56 pm 
Chinstroker

Bovine Juice wrote:
As a pacifist I'm not naturally inclined towards feelings of hatred but Mick Hucknall doesn't appear to have a single redeeming feature.

Mr Juice, perhaps you should check http://www.mickhucknall.com/ - fortunately not a fan site, but rather a democratic attempt to quantify how annoying people are on the Hucknall scale - either more annoying or less annoying than the Hucknall himself. Annoyingly, the site is down at the minute, but you can still check out who is officially less annoying than Mick Hucknall.

As far as redeeming features go, the only one I can think of is that Hucknall inspired several outbreaks of Charlie Brooker's bile on the now no longer updated TV Go Home. Here are a few of those classic Hucknall moments for those who may have missed them...

Mick Huknall's Pink Pancakes http://www.tvgohome.com/170999.html
Mick Hucknall's Spudtip Challenge http://www.tvgohome.com/011099.html
Mick Hucknall's Dolls House Sackbag Prodfest http://www.tvgohome.com/index.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 5:21 pm 
Axe Wielding Maniac

Limp Bizkit
Eminem
Slipknot
The Libertines
Muse
Britney Spears
Phil Collins

All suck and should not be allowed near a microphone.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 11:33 pm 

VenusInFurs wrote:
The Libertines
Muse

Harsh........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:37 pm 
Honey Pot Snorkler

I hate most people. Except myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 2:19 am 
:lol: God I know that feeling sometimes Bigfoot...
Anyway did I mention how much I hate Amy Winehouse? Is it because her music is shit? - is it because she looks like she needs a bath? - is it because she tries to be all controversial and just comes over as contrived? - it's all of that and too much more to fit in such a small space.

And the Postman - he keeps delivering my letters to next door - you'd think the number would be a big giveaway but oh no not for him :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 9:56 am 
I guy I used to go to school with became a postman. he used to put all the letters for one road through one mailbox to let them sort it out. Funny guy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 2:09 pm 
Mosh Monster

BigFootBlues wrote:
I hate most people. Except myself.

I'm with you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 09, 2004 4:43 pm 
Cocker's trouser zip fiddler

Cavey! wrote:
:lol: God I know that feeling sometimes Bigfoot...
Anyway did I mention how much I hate Amy Winehouse? Is it because her music is shit? - is it because she looks like she needs a bath? - is it because she tries to be all controversial and just comes over as contrived? - it's all of that and too much more to fit in such a small space.

Amy is fantastic and you're just jealous, you little Stig of the Dump. She slags off all the right people, she looks very dirty (a good thing) and she's got what Popbitch would call a "two-cock gob". I'll just stop there.... :wink: